Here is a list of commonly-asked questions about this site.
1. Why did you create this site?
- Why did you create this site?
- How did you come up with the name for the site?
- Is this site free to use?
- How is this site different from your other site, Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab (www.esl-lab.com)?
- Can I download or copy the materials for either personal, educational, or for-profit use?
- Can I put a link to your site on mine personal or school site?
- How can I improve my English? Can you help me?
Read the page, About The Site, to answer that question.
2. How did you come up with the name for the site?
Let me first say that learning any language isn't easy, particularly when dealing with daily language including slang. However, communicating with others becomes easier and more enjoyable when you can truly understand what people are saying----and thus, the name, EZ Slang
3. Is this site free to use online?
Yes. The site is supported by relevant, discreet advertising (i.e., the ads are directly related to the content of each lesson), so you don't have to pay anything.
4. How is this site different from your other site, Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab (www.esl-lab.com)?
I have been creating Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab since 1997, and new materials are constantly being added to it. The focus of that site is on general listening skills---the types of topics you often find in traditional textbooks, and the purpose of the content is to help teachers and students supplement their own learning. Yet, I have tried to add interesting topics to that site in a natural, conversational style to make the experience unique. I have also added children's voices to the conversations, something most traditional textbooks tend to avoid.
5. Can I download or copy the materials for either personal, educational, or for-profit use?
Although the Cyber Lab does contain slang and idiomatic expressions, EZ Slang presents these based on different topics in a more focused way.
6. Can I put a link to your site on mine personal or school site?
Yes, by all means, feel free to put a link on your site.
7. How can I improve my English? Can you help me?
Well, that's why I created this site. Just do each of the activities and try to use what you have learned in other situations beyond your computer and your class. Don't be afraid of making mistakes, for that is how we learn. Try to blend the slang into your conversation and notice how native speakers react to your language. Feel free to ask people about the slang expressions and how often they use them in their own speech. I'm sure that the expressions you learn will enrich your conversation.